1605 US Highway 60 W
Hawesville, KY 42348
Monday – Friday
8:00 am – 4:00 pm
The Hancock County Career Center is located in Labor Market Area 6 in Hancock County, Kentucky. It is a workforce development partnership whose purpose is to provide individuals with the information, assistance, education and training needed to find jobs and to assist employers in finding qualified employees. The Hancock County Career Center is located within the community in accessible, easy-to-reach facilities.
- Employer Services – assist area businesses and industries in finding qualified applicants. Office and meeting rooms are available for training, testing, interviewing, etc.
- Education and Training – through partnerships with Adult Education and Community Education, job seekers have the resources available to enhance their employability skills. WorkKeys classes are offered through Career Center on Wednesdays by appointment.
- If interested in taking the WorkKeys Test, call (270) 927-8066. The WorkKeys Test is FREE to KY residents.
- Assessment of Skills and Aptitudes and career path testing.
- Customized Training Programs, in partnership with employers.
- Classroom or Self-paced Computer Programs
- Resume Writing
- Career Library – with learning videos, job search books, sample resumes and other informational tools
- Job Applications
- Job Search Resources:
- Job listings
- Career resource libraries
- Computers and printers
- Job Referrals – through a partnership with The Kentucky Career Center, qualified applicants are referred to employers for job openings.
- Filing Unemployment Claims – The Career Center staff will assist you with filing unemployment claims via the internet.
- Training/Conference rooms
- Referrals to the Department of the Blind, Department of Vocational Rehabilitation, and Department for Veterans Affairs – and Adult Education Services, referrals are made to the various partners listed and their representatives are available for on-site visits with clients.