Vastwood Park is located between Hawesville and Lewisport on Highway 60. Entrances to the park are located on Highway 60 and 925 Park Road. The park is open year round with the exception of the camping area which is closed November though March. There are employees at the park Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm. There is an answering machine after hours at (270)927-8778.
Vastwood Park Rules and Fees in PDF format
Beach House Rental Room
Available for parties, meetings, reunions, etc. year round except for holidays. The beach house room has heat and air conditioning. Rent is $50 with a rental deposit at the time of reservation of $30. The deposit is refunded if the room is cleaned after the event.
Opens Memorial Day weekend and closes
Labor Day weekend. Times for swimming are Monday, Thursday
through Saturday, 11 am to 6 pm and noon to 5 pm on Sunday.
Closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
Prices are $2.50 for adults, $1.50 for children ages 6-12, 50 cents for children 5 and under. ALL Campers MUST pay to swim.
Open year round and free of charge. Boats are limited to trolling motors only.
There are 21 campsites with water and electricity and a dump station located by the bath house. Several tent sites have fire rings and the bath house is open 24 hours a day. Sites with electric is $18 per night. Senior rate is $16 per night. Weekly rate (7 nights) is $108 and senior weekly rate is $96. Tent camping is $8 per night (no senior discounts) and does not include water or electricity.
1. Be sure ALL trash is in trash cans. Dumpsters are available if needed.
2. Quiet time is from 11 pm until 7:00 am.
3. Pets must be on leashes at all times.
4. Absolutely no alcohol, drugs, or firearms permitted in the park.
5. Only 2 vehicles permitted per site. Parking is allowed in various
areas, however the ground must NOT be damaged.
6. Absolutely NO 4-wheelers, golf carts, etc. permitted in the campground.
7. Absolutely NO motorized vehicles permitted on the walking trail.
8. All fires must be maintained in a fire ring or grill.
9. Occupancy is limited to 14 consecutive days.
10. One main camping unit per site, with one small tent and a dining tent.
11. Unattended camp is the responsibility of the camper. Vastwood Park &
the Hancock County Fiscal Court are not responsible for lost or
damaged items in the campground.
12. Check out time is 12:00 noon.
13. When making reservations for holidays you MUST pay for 2 nights in
advance i.e. Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day.
Other Areas of Interest
- Nearly 400 acres of park area including a 19 acre lake with walking trail
- Covered picnic shelters with grills
- Tee-Ball field
- Soccer field
- Regulation baseball field and little league field
- 2 softball fields
- Tennis courts
- Basketball courts
- Frisbee Golf