Hancock County, kentucky

                              
Where country living, history, and modern industry come together!            

Hancock County Courthouse

Courthouse

The second oldest courthouse in the Commonwealth of Kentucky is located in Hawesville on the Ohio River.  Its construction was started in 1865 and completed in 1867 and is a sterling example of its period, suggesting the Greek Revival temple form.

The courthouse exterior has been restored exactly as it was originally designed during the Civil War.

The old bell in the tower was forged in Louisville in 1846 and was used in the first courthouse at Utility.